Monday, March 02, 2009

Most people don't know Miss Yy can cook nowadays ;P no longer the noob that doesn't know how many tablespoons needed for a cup of milo (nowadays we use 3 in 1 ok!) nor hopeless on cutting fruits up or constantly got teased by friends for never visited local Coles supermarket before. Time has changed after 2 yrs!! hehe.. Shopping for groceries nowadays are one of my favourite activities and often tend to over-purchase lots of things and not able to cook all up. hah! because I have quite amount of free time , sometimes playing in the kitchen can be fun! I reckon its a good place to enhance relationships with the bf as he's always my kitchen-hand in preparing before and washing up after ;P although it can be tough at times when I do not have much passion bearing with those silly mistakes he did in the kitchen.

Today is Labor Day and hence the long weekend! I was tempted by this recipe HERE on Portugese Egg Tart. ThoughtI'll give it a try since I've got most of the ingredients and I'm really craving for it! Went to get the puff pastry from local stores and spent a couple of hours in the kitchen, TADA! I thought they turned out pretty good for first attempt hehe. The boyfriend loved it, had a couple before he's off to his first day back at uni in the evening. For me, I had to admit I didn't quite feel like it anymore after working around in front of the oven too long time.
Fried rice for dinner tonight - nothing fancy. Lots of shallots onions, couple (5-6!) egg whites from the leftover of egg tarts, carrots, green beans, fish balls and some shrimps. 3 cups of rice can last us for tmr's lunch at work, or more! :)

Update for myself - I am loving the length of my fringe at the moment, but I guess give it 2more weeks it will starts to get so irrirating out of me. I've always wanted long fringe on me before its too late me turning too old, now one to-do-list out of my way!